Principal Application Analyst
Job Title: Principal Application Analyst
Wage: $42.00 - $48.00 / Hourly
Location: Green Bay, WI
Principal Application analysts act as technical leaders of IS to users or customers. They provide 3rd level and architectural support in the problem resolution, installation, and/or tuning of user or customer systems and applications. They provide proactive Capacity planning and design support by monitoring system and network resources with tools and monitoring software. Principal Application Analysts provide the technical support which enables the successful ongoing implementation of business solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Independently performs 3rd level development and Design / Architectural.
- Escalates and notifies management of business impacting problems.
- Determines business oriented solutions to reported problems, identifying pro and cons of each solution.
- Determines problem resolutions and clearly documents resolutions on problem reports.
- Leads in the resolution of complex problems and clearly documents resolutions on problem reports.
- Develops tools to proactively monitor the applications and systems to identify problems as soon as possible.
- Manages complex projects.
- Expert knowledge of C#, C++
- Assists in the workloading application development group by providing estimates.
- Provides mentorship and on the job training for junior analysts.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Systems, Application Development; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of previous business analysis or application development experience.
- Understands at an advanced level the principles and concepts of the key technology in use at location, including, Platform Processing Systems, Business Applications, Business processes, and security.
- Understands telecommunications and computer systems terminology.
- Expert knowledge of .NET, C#, and Web Development Languages.
- Understands the general functional capabilities of all deployed applications and technology.
- Is considered an expert in three or more application/business disciplines or related systems disciplines (such as Business Process, Application Development, DB Management, application performance, etc.).
- Familiar with alternative solutions and systems to those deployed.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace or assignment of duties
OTHER SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Able to analyze inter-related difficult/complicated situations with careful attention to detail as it fits into the larger picture
- Strong, proactive and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively handle and manage multiple complex tasks within specific time frames.
- Able to easily and positively adjust to changing priorities and department processes.
- Ability to effectively work with very difficult/angry/aggressive customers in a sensitive, flexible and yet professionally assertive (non-aggressive), proactive manner.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SEND US YOUR RESUME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org