Service Desk Technician
Job Title: Service Desk Technician
Wage: $21.00 - $26.00 / Hourly
Location: Green Bay, WI
The Service Desk Technician's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated questions and end-user help requests with the established SLA's. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help or training at the desktop level. This position is the primary asset for business application and off the shelf applications for the end user.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Review training requirements for user requestss
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools.
- Train users in those applications.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to the change management best practices.
- Assisting in providing Level I support when request volumes are high.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
- Build rapport with service desk customers.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician or vendor, when required.
- Record, track, and document service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tolls and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebases as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Provide initial and remedial training on user applications when required.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Develop Application Training Outlines.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebases and training as needed.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectiations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Formal Education & Certificiation
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in MS Desktop applications
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of advanced computer applications, including off the shelf and CD in house applications.
- Experience with desktop and mobile device operation systems, including Apple IOS.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience working in a driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to teach subjects in a business environment.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SEND US YOUR RESUME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org